question: what is the fastest keyboard ?
answer: dvorak for english
switch can be done by applying in one of the following methods
- Windows XP: Go to Start -> Control Panel. (If you’re viewing by categories, click “Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options.”) Go to Regional and Language Options -> Languages -> Details and click “Add.” Select “United States-Dvorak” and then press OK. To make it the default, choose “United States-Dvorak” in the Default Input Language drop-down menu.
- Windows Vista: Go to Start -> Control Panel. In the default view, the option is “Change keyboards or other input methods;” If you’re using the “Classic View,” go to Regional Language Options and select the “Keyboards and Languages” tab. Click the “Change Keyboards” button, and click the “Add” button. Select “United States-Dvorak” and then press OK. To make it the default, choose “United States-Dvorak” in the Default Input Language drop-down menu.
- GNOME: Go to System -> Preferences -> Keyboard -> Layouts and click “Add.” For Layouts, select your country, and for Variants, select Dvorak. If a Dvorak layout doesn’t appear for your country, then select “USA,” “United Kingdom,” or another country that has one. To make Dvorak the default layout, click the button under “Default” in the Keyboard Layouts window. To change the key combination used to switch between layouts, go to Layout Options -> Layout Switching and choose one or multiple options.
- KDE: YaST -> Hardware -> Keyboard Layout -> Variant:Dvorak.
- Mac OS X: Open System Preferences (Apple Menu -> System Preferences), choose the “International” tab, choose the “Input Menu” tab from there, and check the box next to “Dvorak.” To change between the two at any time, click on the flag on the right of the menu bar, and on the drop-down, click on “Dvorak.”
- Lion – OS X :
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Language & Text, and then click Input Sources.
- Scroll down the alphabetical list until you reach the Dvorak options, or use the search field to search for Dvorak.