1. Algorithm Implementation – Wikibooks, 2010
This book shows how common algorithms are written in various programming languages, providing code implementations and explanation. Topics: Checksums; Date and time; Graphs; Hashing; Optimization; Search; Simulation; Sorting; String searching; etc.
2. Clever Algorithms: Nature-Inspired Programming Recipes by Jason Brownlee – Lulu.com, 2011
This book provides a handbook of algorithmic recipes from the fields of Metaheuristics, Biologically Inspired Computation and Computational Intelligence that have been described in a complete, consistent, and centralized manner.
3. Text Algorithms by M. Crochemore, W. Rytter – Oxford University Press, 1994
This book on the design of algorithms and data structures for text processing emphasizes both theoretical foundations and practical applications. It will serve both as a textbook for courses on algorithm design and as a reference for professionals.
4. Matters Computational: Ideas, Algorithms, Source Code by Joerg Arndt, 2010
This is a book for a working programmer or anyone interested in methods of computation. The focus is on material that does not usually appear in textbooks on algorithms. We use the C++ programming language for low-level algorithms.
5. Sequential and Parallel Sorting Algorithms by H. W. Lang – FH Flensburg, 2000
From the table of contents: insertion sort, quicksort, heapsort, mergesort, shellsort, lower bounds, external sorting, sorting networks, sorting on mesh-connected processor arrays, sorting contest. Explanations are followed by source code.
6. Sorting and Searching Algorithms: A Cookbook by Thomas Niemann, 2008
Collection of algorithms for sorting and searching, and techniques for implementing dictionaries, with brief and intuitive descriptions. It is assumed that you know C, and that you are familiar with concepts such as arrays and pointers.
7. Algorithms for Programmers: Ideas and Source Code by Jorg Arndt, 2008
Aimed to programmers who are interested in the selected algorithms and those who want to create optimized code. It covers low level algorithms, combinatorial generation, fast orthogonal transforms, fast arithmetic, and algorithms for finite fields.
8. Art of Programming Contest by Ahmed Shamsul Arefin – Gyankosh Prokashoni, 2006
Textbook for an algorithm course focusing on programming as well as a programming course focusing on algorithms. The book is specially designed to train students to participate in competitions – the ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest.
9. Introduction to Design Analysis of Algorithms by K. Raghava Rao – Smashwords, 2013
This book provides a complete information to the modern study of computer algorithms. It presents many concepts in a considerable depth, so that it can be understand by all levels of readers. Each and every concept is explained by suitable examples.
10. Problem Solving with Algorithms and Data Structures Using Python by Brad Miller, David Ranum – Franklin, Beedle & Associates, 2011
This textbook is designed as a text for a first course on data structures and algorithms, taught as the second course in the computer science curriculum. We cover abstract data types and data structures, writing algorithms, and solving problems.
11. Algorithms by Robert Sedgewick, Kevin Wayne – Addison-Wesley Professional, 2011
This textbook surveys the most important algorithms and data structures in use today. Applications to science, engineering, and industry are a key feature of the text. We motivate each algorithm by examining its impact on specific applications.
12. Data Structures and Algorithm Analysis in Java by Clifford A. Shaffer – Dover Publications, 2012
A comprehensive treatment focusing on the creation of efficient data structures and algorithms, explaining how to select the data structure best suited to specific problems. It uses Java programming language and is suitable for second-year courses.
13. Data Structures and Algorithm Analysis in C++ by Clifford A. Shaffer – Dover Publications, 2012
A comprehensive treatment focusing on efficient data structures and algorithms, this text explains how to select or design the data structure best suited to specific problems. It uses C++ programming language and is suitable for second-year courses.
14. Search Algorithms and Applications by Nashat Mansour – InTech, 2011
This book demonstrates the applicability of search algorithms for the purpose of developing solutions to problems that arise in a variety of domains. It is targeted to a wide group of readers: researchers, graduate students, and practitioners.
15. Algorithms and Data Structures: The Basic Toolbox by K. Mehlhorn, P. Sanders – Springer, 2008
This book is a concise introduction addressed to students and professionals familiar with programming and basic mathematical language. Individual chapters cover arrays and linked lists, hash tables and associative arrays, sorting and selection, etc.
top free algorithm books
1. Algorithm Implementation – Wikibooks, 2010